Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdM5 View Post
Guys, can we please stop with this silly Max vs. Lewis and Merc vs. RB nonsense?

It makes me lose my appetite for this great forum. F1 is not a Man United vs. Liverpool or Lakers vs. Celtics kind of sport.

Me, I respect all drivers on the grid. Even the last one of them has super human skills and balls bigger than anyone of us here.

Please stop trolling and have an open mind. Remenber we could be entering another golden era of F1 from 2022 onwards with the likes of Hamilton, Verstappen, Leclerc, Russel, Ricciardo, Sainz, Norris, Perez, Seb etc, probably all at competitive teams.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
While I wholeheartedly agree, this seems par for the course with all sports. Affinity for color, person, location makes them choose a team for their own, then confirmatory bias kicks in. Next step is wait for someone to challenge said biased personal decision and attack other side with paramount levels of testosterone filled combat (verbal or physical) all the while those actually ‘doing’ the sport couldn’t be bothered with most of this barbaric and unending human behavior.

I too wish for “my team” BS to disappear, but you and I are the few and far between.
I agree. I just HATE when BS is touted as fact. I try to always back up my assertions with facts, quotes and sources. Unfortunately, there are those who use hyperbolic statements as their stock and trade.

F1 is a sport of data, performance and facts with a ton of emotion thrown in for good measure.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 4
EdM54066.00
yco5738.50
minn1914037.50