Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: around the potholes

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgroschi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud9blue View Post
All I have to say is that there is plenty of induction noise with turbo engine as well. It is rather strange you find the new M4 is the worst M car of all time. I personally love the way it handles and rush of torque and the exhaust burbles with the optional MPE exhaust. It is miles between than the rather anemic E9x M3 that is replaces IMHO. But I guess that's just your personal opinion, so it is all cool.

Honestly, I am a little lost at what points are you trying to make exactly and it seems like you are stretching your argument way out of reality for your personal affection of NA engine or perhaps it is due to the language barrier between us two so some subtle inferences are lost in translations. That's fine I suppose, but at the end of the day, I just prefer to judge cars more objectively.
Alright it's all cool. I don't know if it's the language barrier because actually in my job (motor journalist) I have to be very objective lol! But I always bring my own touch of experience and personal experience with it I guess

No question the modern cars are better than ever, but that's the problem. Every car needs to be good in everything. A McLaren needs to be super fast and set lap records over and over, while being the perfect daily car your mom could drive to get to her next hair appointment. You know what I mean? It's all getting to a point where the overall character of cars get more softened I am afraid.

Anyways, what I am more interested in, how did you get 490 HP out of your N54? Straight pipes I assume with JB4 and...?
True, cars are much more capable in every form or so, whether it is off or on the track. But from my personal experience doing chassis mod on my own cars, you can have tons of feedback from the chassis and engine, but if you use the car as much as you can on the street like me, it gets tiring very quickly, when it comes to stiff bushings, high spring rate and stiff anti roll bars, and track capable shocks. I tolerate it since I track the cars on my local road course as well, but most people don't and personally I would love to have more lighter but more steerable chassis such as 991.2 C2S for my next car.

Much of the modern performance car's problem is weight, but there just isn't much you can do about it without lowering the safety and integrity of the chassis frankly. Same goes for the cars found in motorsport, the Le Mans, turbo F1, and group B rally cars are actually faster than most of the modern day counter parts. Sure it makes a hell of ride to master one of those machine, but a lot of people died on the way trying to tame those beast. It is tough to find balance between all these factors, performance, street ability, comfort, and most important of all, safety, but I think both BMW and Porsche did a very good job with their M4 and 991.2.

I did some low pressure pump upgrade and secondary fuel injection which lets me run full ethanol when at the track, so that the engine can make much more power even with a relatively conservative tune. You should see what people can do with N54 these days with upgraded stock turbos or big single turbo, 6-700hp is the norm these days lol.
Appreciate 0