View Single Post
      03-03-2021, 02:25 PM   #10
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92inPHX View Post
DO NOT under any circumstances buy a 2015-current C300, I don’t know what the engine code is but stay away from any MB with a 300 engine from the mid 2010s onwards. I don’t even know if they’ve solved the issue yet. The engine has a known exploding problem and MB refuses to put an extended warranty on it. I couldn’t walk through the shop without there being a 300-C,E, and all the other models with that engine-having a new engine put in. We had a tech dedicated to replacing them, which is good for him since he can get through a 20+ hr job pretty quick cuz he did so many. There were usually several crates around the shop with new engines waiting for someone to come in to have it installed. Luckily all of them except one guy had either the new warranty or CPO, it cost the guy $9500 to replace one fucking piston.
Good to know. Thank you! This is exactly why I posted here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
I was going to ask if this truly a "new" car as in brand new, or a car that can be used. If brand new there are a bunch of recommended ones by various publications and one of the most popular seems to be the Civic. If she doesn't mind driving a sub-compact there are plenty of choices I suppose, many of them being Kia or Hyundai. Most of these are boring of course.
This will be a used vehicle. She won't mind it being boring as long as it's reliable. She isn't any form of an enthusiast.
Appreciate 2
E92inNC1709.50
FizzyElf133.00