01-03-2016, 04:22 AM   #543
FilipMPower
Second Lieutenant
Serbia
Rep
Drives: Anything with a locking diff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jai 302 View Post
So there's an M-everything but still no proper M model of BMW's flagship range topping 7 series. I don't get BMW logic.
I already mentioned this, but making an M7 doesnt make sense. To be an M car, the vehicle must be fun to drive and orientated around the racetrack. And to be good around a track, the car must make some sacrifices with comfort. For example, the X5M/X6M are ridiculously fun to drive and by far the fastest on a track of its competitors, but the have rather stiff suspensions. Now, the 7 series would have to be rather stiff to impress, but that defeats the idea of the 7 series. Besides, Audi doesnt make an RS8 either, they only make the S8, comparable to a M750/60i. Sure, the nomenclature is better with Audi, because the M->Model->Engine->i/d is too long and doesnt make sense, BMW should have just picked another letter like Audi did for their sub-M cars.

And I dont think that its true that BMW makes an M-everything. M is still very special, as only 7 models are Ms in BMWs line up. M2,M3/4,M5/6 and the X5/6M. Compare this to AMG.
Appreciate 0