View Single Post
      01-29-2021, 08:58 AM   #2803
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
I actually prefer to workout in a fasted state, I'm usually at the gym around 5am and leave 1/4 before 7am. With that said if you are feeling faint & nauseated in the evening during a workout there is probably a different underlying issue. Do you drink enough water throughout the day, and do you eat a proper lunch during work? If you're doing those two things you shouldn't be feeling too bad at the gym after work, but maybe eat some healthy carbs before your workout (I would keep the calorie intake here to a minimum based on your want to lose weight, try to get 30g of carbs under 100 calories - maybe a small Kind Bar).

Ditch the smelling salts for god's sake lmao, by your figure it doesn't look like you're deadlifting +500lbs so it shouldn't be necessary for you to get into a lift. Also the salts throw off your cognizant meaning unless you are really trained and strict with your movements you could end up hurting yourself due to the euphoria/aggression if you want to call it that lol.

In regards to the pre-workout, sometimes they can upset an empty stomach, especially the ones loaded with all kinds of different additives. Just like a vitamin would when taken on an empty stomach. This is where those carbs could help you. Pre-workout is completely fine, I like to keep my caffeine intake to a minimum (this way coffee at work actually phases me haha). An amino-energy blend might benefit you as the aminos tend to help keep you energized/hydrated throughout the workout, plenty of brands that make a blend.
No no, it's the mornings I can't work out. I've done morning workouts before with girlfriends and I just can't keep up. I have to eat and let the food digest before a workout and I dont have time to eat in the mornings, that early. I remember I was about to faint at the gym during a 4:30 AM workout from not having anything in my stomach and trying to lift weights. That's why I prefer working out in the evenings, when I've had two-three meals in me by that time, but I find I still get tired pretty quickly after 40 minutes.

Haha, you're right I'm not deadlifting anything, period. I just like the instant kick it gives me. I feel like I could lift a car and turn into the hulk for 30 seconds. It's amazing. But man does it stink!

I will look into the amino blend right now!
Appreciate 0