View Single Post
      01-29-2021, 02:07 PM   #2813
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
1.5 lbs each (3 lbs in addition to what I already was). I'd say they are more dense than a regular boob. They're silicone, the "gummy bear" implant. Most boobs, I'd say, are really squishy and flimsy, especially for a women in her thirties and a mother. So I've definitely made improvements there. Trying to preserve my youth as much as possible.
Got it. It doesn't seem like 3 lb. is significant enough to the cause a noticeably high body fat measurement so its probably worth getting a reading from another source.

Quote:
I dont know if this is considered competitive, but I like F45 where it's a group timed activity. I just want to lean out. I'm not going to bulk up because let's be honest it's very hard to do that AND maintain it as a female. My worst fear is letting myself go. I'm my hardest critic.
Group workouts are certainly important. You'll work harder because of the competitive atmosphere and you'll also have more accountability. I would say 90% of my training is done in a group setting.

To clarify my earlier point though, I am talking about competitive sports of some type. The reason why I like this strategy is because it allows you to pursue goals that are performance based rather than body-image based. In other words, you can focus on achieving a specific result in competition rather than pursuing a physique comprised of specific muscle or fat measurements, or that has some specific aesthetic. The former, in my opinion, is a healthier metric to use when pushing yourself to continuously improve without knowing your ceiling in advance. I really stress that last part. You probably don't know your true physical limitations, so it's important to find a way to test them without setting yourself up for disappointment.

I'm not saying you shouldn't track body makeup numbers, you certainly can because those are also very motivating. But, by putting the focus on performance, you eliminate arbitrary goals that might not necessarily be realistic or healthy. So for example, if you like spin, buy a bike and start training for some type of cycling race. Or if you like to run, set out to run a 5K, and go from there. Or maybe you like CrossFit, so you could work toward competing in that. Or adventure racing. Or kayaking. Anything. Of course you want to choose something that you like and that you think you will excel at. If you do this, and if you set goals to reach in competition whether it be competing against your own prior performance, trying to beat a friend or workout partner, or achieving podium finishes in your age/gender group (or maybe even overall), you will, by the very nature of competition, force your body to adapt and grow. And it will take on a highly fit, highly optimized form that you likely would not otherwise be able to achieve.
Appreciate 1
Sara5791.00