View Single Post
      01-05-2021, 10:21 PM   #1
Topomango
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 M40i

BMW Z4 M40i frozen grey II

I just purchased a brand new 2021 Z4 M40i frozen grey full optionals with red interiors. What a beautiful car. Reading in this forum I learned that this paint is not the same as the other regular colors and in order to protect it the car should be either ceramic coated or XpaI wrapped.

Yesterday when I take ownership of the car I discussed this issue with my dealer and he told me to not worry too much because while there were problems in the past, this updated matte grey color is not so delicate (he called it v2), as long as I do not wax the car or use an automatic car wash. Do you know if it is true?

I do not want to wrap the car with film, and unfortunately the dealer does not offer the ceramic coating service, and if I want it I need to use a third-party shop (which I do not trust). The dealer also told me that the ceramic coating can slightly change the color of the car, making it somewhat shiny.

I read somewhere in this forum that I can detail the car with this specialized kit from Dr. Beasley (https://www.amazon.com/Dr-Beasleys-M...205504&sr=8-23).

This kit has a matte paint coating that need to be applied every 1-2 years. It seems to me that it works similarly to the ceramic coating. Is it true? Should I use this kit or do the ceramic coating somewhere and then just hand-wash the car periodically?
Thanks for the advice.
Appreciate 0