11-06-2018, 12:14 PM   #26
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post

Isn't that one interpretation of "further progress"?

I think the M2 is the best selling M car in some jurisdictions, so I would be surprised if we didn't see more generations after the F87. Although, I am a DCT fan, so not sure I would get one anyway.

I just think those decisions are interesting to watch. Many would like to see an expansion of the options you can get on the M2, such as having individual paint or whatnot. If they build the M2 in the Mexico plant, and it has those capabilities (not available in the current location), then more people might be tempted to try one.
This is definitely interesting ...

And YES I agree ... i enjoy seeing this unfold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynguldyn View Post
Right now it looks like G42 will start production right after F22/F87 is ended.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubaron79 View Post
G42 fwd or rwd?
RWD, a shrunken G20.

G42 will be a suitable platform for an M2, but there hasn't been any evidence yet that the next M2 is happening. I think even the regular 2 series models haven't been finalized yet.
Thanks for the confirmation on G42 as shrunken G20.

Together this actually is somewhat encouraging that BMW could be considering keeping a G series M2 by making all ( or the majority of ) 2er coupe and convertibles in Mexico. The North American markets are the biggest markets as BMW primarily sells the 1er in Europe. It seems like it would be cheaper to import 2ers to the US from MEX than GER.

The ability to borrow parts from the G20 is a good harbinger as well.
Appreciate 1
dmboone254970.50