View Single Post
      05-26-2019, 10:31 PM   #7
sanfordrich
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW Z3

Just to be clear, this would be a second car that would not be used in the winter months (except to "exercise" it). My concern is that where we live in Colorado (9200 feet in the mountains), I could be out and about and the weather could change quickly. Furthermore, the night temperatures could easily dip below freezing. Summer only performance rated tires would probably be a problem even outside of the winter months. However, when I search for compatible tires at Tirerack based on the vehicle, it only returns high performance, summer only tires. If I understand some of the responses, there are all season tires out there that would work. I will also work with my dealer and / or a live person at Tire Rack to see what they recommend. I don't understand why BMW doesn't offer a high performance all season tire when it is special ordered. If I go through with purchasing the M40i, the first thing I will do is swap out the Summer Performance tires for an all season tire. It's discouraging having to purchase a car with tires I can't use safely.

Last edited by sanfordrich; 05-26-2019 at 10:47 PM..
Appreciate 0