View Single Post
      07-17-2019, 11:40 PM   #77
aastretch64
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPelletier View Post
Just goes to show you that everyone is different; I test drove an M4 cabriolet before buying my Jaguar F type and thought it was nice but not all that exciting. Traded the F type for the Z4 M40i a month ago and couldn't be happier so far. I knew the BMW wouldn't have the sheer power of my Jaguar (neither does the M4) but I was pleasantly surprized as it was quicker than I thought it would be and the handling/steering/braking are excellent.

Cheers,
Dave
I've got the M4 coupe competition package. Traction off, the thing is ridiculously fast. But for me the most engaging part is the head thrashing DCT which makes the tires chirp even in 3rd and 4th gear and the M-performance exhaust I have installed. Questionable whether my neighbors like the exhaust. ;-)

I think there should have been an option for a true DCT, some quicker throttle response and better exhaust on the Z4 M40i. Especially considering that there were rumors that BMW would NOT design a Z4M.

I guess I was just confused that all the reviews I read and watched made it seem like it was one of the most engaging, fastest cars around. My expectations where too high I think.

Congrats on your purchase though. I still think it is one of the most attractive and aggressive looking roadsters on the road. So beautiful. And the new tech is amazing! Can't wait for that tech to trickle down to to the M4.
Appreciate 0