Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mk1-fan View Post
RB better sort this out ASAP.

It completely messed up his race, and I am sure he would have mixed it with the Ferraris and Mercs.

A pity also that Kimi had the damage, as he was fast all weekend. Another guy I really fell sorry for is Norris, having to break down on the penultimate lap.
The thing is this: Launches are completely manual and everyone has the clutch set to their individual preference. The change in 2018, if I remember correctly, was that the engineers could no longer give bite points and the primary and secondary phases of the launch had to be managed by the driver. HAM had some challenges the first race or 2 as did most of the drivers but has gotten it down to a science for the most part. Max is having bad starts because he isn't managing this process. This is a completely individual preference. Some drivers have 2 clutch paddles, some have one, and of these some are longer or shorter based on individual preference. The Mercedes drivers have 2 different steering wheel set ups for this process. Hamilton has a single long paddle which, in his estimation, gives him finer control. Bottas has the 2 paddle set up which works well for him.

Bottom line is that this is a weakness that must be addressed as well as telling Max to let the race come to him. This was something that was worked on in Hamilton's early career...to be patient and let his pace take care of any starting deficits.

To minn19 's point. The re-entry into the race with a broken suspension arm, which can be easily felt, is the most egregious error and should have been penalized for almost taking out Kimi...again. Especially after the horrible death of Antonio Hubert.

Cheers and on to Monza-MK
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 3
EdM53852.50
minn1913970.00