View Single Post
      09-09-2019, 03:23 PM   #11
auditorycanvas
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 M40i (2022)

Quote:
Originally Posted by -cj- View Post
Great information everyone.. I know everyone says that with every model year, the HK sound is getting worse.. and I have to agree! The HK in the Z4 is truly the worst system I've experienced in a BMW.. to the point where I thought something was broken/loose. It rattles! Increase the "speed volume" setting to max and you'll think there's something broken. In previous systems it's tuned so that you can max out almost any setting and there's little to no distortion (not to mention it won't rattle).

Keeping an eye on this thread! Hopefully Bav releases an upgrade. I'm thinking of applying dynamat in the trunk to try and dampen it.
A big part of it is the dead spot at the driver position. Lean forward and you hear the bass instead of the rattle. I added a powered compact sub behind the passenger seat which does a great job of filling the dead spot. Now just need to take the trunk apart and dampen it.

The BAV amp is a rebranded MATCH UP7, with the tuning locked. The Matchup is already compatible. I think the only reason the BAV one isn't is because they tune it per vehicle, and haven't yet done a Z4 tune.

https://www.audiotec-fischer.de/en/m...ifiers/up-7bmw
Appreciate 1
-cj-197.00