Joe240
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 C8 Corvette 1LT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by -cj- View Post
When the second key fob is used (comfort access) to open the trunk, after the first fob locked the car, the alarm will sound. Anyone else? Really annoying...

Lots of rattles coming from the center console area, but I can't isolate it. Someone above mentioned it being their first convertible/roadster and not knowing if it's normal: it's not..

Audio sound quality on the HK, specifically the bass, is just awful and I'll go as far as saying it's broken / defective. Adjust the bass too much and it's boomy and rattle inducing. Too little and audio sounds flat. No decent middle ground...
I've had the alarm sound on me using the primary key after locking the car. Pulled up to Lowe's, locked with comfort access, came out and had key in my left pocket, but opened the trunk with right hand (standing sideways because I had a box of air filters in my hand) and the alarm went off. Are you able to consistently replicate the lock with primary and setoff alarm with secondary?

Haven't had any rattles from the center console thankfully.

100% agree on the bass of the HK speakers. I think it's the location though being behind the seats in an inadequately specced enclosure. I liked the bass of the HK in my m240i, but the subs were under the seats so smaller enclosure wasn't a big deal for bass feel. But being behind the seat back where it's thicker and less enclosed space for the bass to reverb, you lose a lot of the bass capability. I'm past my years of rattling trunks and blown ear drums, but I still like to feel a nice thump when listening to music. Hopefully there's a nice alternative to these factory subs that can provide that without being overbearring.
Appreciate 0