CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracus View Post
No, they don’t. They are doing excellent actually.
Go to tirerack and read al the thousands of reviews.
They are doing just fine.
Yeah, Quebec forced you to mandatory equip the vehicle with winter. I am not forced by my province (which is absolutely wonderful) and I am getting lower temperatures and more snow for a longer time than you in Montreal, yet, I never got stuck even in the ski area which sometimes is just not cleaned, and my X is just wonderful in every weather... All Weather...

And keep in mind. Some are all season, some are all weather. All weather have half summer profile, half winter profile.
I've been using dedicated sets of summer and winter tires well before they made it mandatory in Quebec, I've been doing so since my first car 30 years ago. I am also actually very glad that they did make it mandatory, it makes the roads much safer (statistically proven) without all the folks that think they are invincible in their AWD cars with all season tires.

All season/weather tires are an inherent compromise. It's physically impossible to design/manufacture a tire that is optimal in all conditions. You end up sacrificing both winter and summer performance. They work OK right until you need that extra grip and then it's too late.

Previous cars: M4cs 2019 F82 Limerock Grey / M4 2015 F82 Silverstone / M3 2008 E92 Silverstone / M3 2002 E46 Carbon Black

Last edited by CanAutM3; 10-14-2019 at 03:03 PM..
Appreciate 3