BrettKA7
Captain
Rep
Drives: F22 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Casey View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by antzcrashing View Post
I am so confused, if thats the 2 series what is this. Bmw has wildly different versions for gran coupe and regular coupe? Since when and why? Or is bmw just going to redesign a car that is not even out yet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstein55 View Post
I swear BMW should have just replaced the 1-series sedan with this and left it at that, an incredibly stupid choice on BMW's part. Calling it a 2-series is confusing enough and having two different M235i's makes things even worse. The car doesn't even look like a gran coupe, there is nothing coupe like to the design outside of frameless windows. Years ago BMW said they were going to make 2-doors even series and 4-doors odd series, and then they pull the GC bs. 🤦
Thank you jstein55 for the direct answer. It saved me from having to research the difference.

Anyone else hoping that the new 2 series would have the size and performance of this (with spec bumps and updated bits, as appropriate)...

and the styling cues from this...

Idk if it's just the photo you chose of the 2-series, but it looks fantastic here even next to the 8.