07-15-2020, 08:29 PM   #91
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
There are tons of tuning options for the 2.3. It's the motor that was in the Focus RS and the Mustang. I have no reservations about it, shouldn't be hard to tune the 2.3L well past stock 2.7L numbers. Assuming they get around to offering the Sasquatch with a manual, otherwise I'd probably just do a Badlands with the 33's.
I think we all should wait until the New Bronco actually comes out and is driven and the engine power output specs are published. That Ford even puts a manual transmission in the the truck at all should be celebrated. The 2.3L in Mustang guise makes 310 HP and 350 tq at 3,000 RPM, which is nothing to sneeze at IMO.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 2
Red Bread4463.00
5.M0NSTER3353.50