08-26-2020, 05:36 AM   #81
Boss330
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by marckwan View Post
These news are a joke, it's just a twin turbo v8 with hybrid technology.
I think lemetier inside knowledge has debunked that theory...

It definitely sounds like a straight six in the video that I posted on the previous page (listen with headphones to get the best sound).

The info provided so far points towards a anniversary special limited edition model that has a P58 engine with MGU-H and possibly MGU-K (to use F1 lingo) and a transaxle. The CSL hommage is a pointer as to what kind of car this will be (hopefully).

Oh, and the Batmobile celebrates 50 years in 2023 btw...

This article on the CSL hommage also gives som hints as to why the mule has the air ducts in the rear side windows:
https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-re...e-2015-review/

Quote:
The engine is hooked up to 4-series coupe running gear, a stock eight-speed automatic transmission and the largest brakes Brembo could supply. There is no word on power and torque, but with two turbos and one e-boost device, 500bhp or more should be a realistic. The boost system’s twin energy reservoirs sit under eye-catching covers atop the rear axle, where lesser coupes would accommodate second-row seats.
And I also remembered this YouTube video on the CSL Hommage by Supercar blondie where the head of BMW Design said something very interesting about possible production of the car.

The whole video is worth seeing, but skip to the 13:00 mark to hear what he says about production possibilities

Last edited by Boss330; 08-26-2020 at 05:46 AM..
Appreciate 0