United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 6MT

Garage List
2011.5 BMW M3  [10.00]
2004 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagon View Post
Well, the point of youtube is to get views.

Even though he does make mistakes and clearly doesn't spend the extra minute on research in certain cases, I'd say there are worse offenders than Doug when it comes to clickbait, bad titles and awful videos.
Yes, I'm well aware of that. My comment was more of an add-on to your remarks about his schtick (on his videos), where besides his squeaky voice and the overuse/overemphasis of words like "quirkssss anddd feaaaaturesss" and "tthhhhhhiiisss", his video title format is also very overused. I mean, when every other car you review is the "best/ultimate/craziest/greatest" of some sort, those words kind of lose their meaning.
But, much like his voice and choice of words, that's the style that helps him stand out and get him clicks/views.

I'll give Doug credit where it's due since he does at least try to be informative and I will agree that the likes of Shmee are definitely unbearable to watch by comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagon View Post
P.S.: One thing I will forever be mad at him is for saying in every single Bangle-era BMW video that the self-centering column stalks are crap. They were a brilliant idea!
I didn't even know BMWs had turn signals until he had brought up the column stalks.

E9x M3 Press/Media Archives Thread | S65-based Racing Engines Thread
Appreciate 1
swagon13482.50