09-25-2020, 01:44 AM   #107
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmic Man View Post
Steering: As with any electronic device, they will just get better and better so I wouldn't worry about it

Weight: Big concern. I believe they went cheap on the G80/82 body, using less aluminium alloy and more steel thus the humongous weight increase of circa 170-180 kg over the predecessor on a apple to apple spec.

Interior: From spy shots it looks like it's a lift from the 3 series...

Styling: A big concern given the controversy of the design language on the M3/M4. They have chosen a radical but not well received design to set apart the M3/M4. You don't look at them as say wow I want one. You have to dig into the spec and say wow 500hp, 0-60...etc

I hope they will put in more classic BMW M elements on the G87 and make it a very desirable car even before one peek at the spec. Then it will be a win for BMW.
The problem is that BMW purposely makes its steering mediocre. Somehow the current M2 bucked that trend. After driving the F10, F30, F15, F25, etc. I expected the worst with the M2 and was pleasantly surprised. However the G chassis models really aren't much better in this area so I don't know what to expect with the next M2.

I really do hope the weight is kept in check and the interior comes out of the 3-series...
Appreciate 0