Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: z3 Coupe, E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gio14 View Post
Honest question do we really need an X3/X5M?! And further more competition packages in these models? I mean the concept is pretty odd to me. Granted I don't have kids, I would assume these are mainly family cars. I was at m track days n rode in the x3m and x5m, fast, torquey, something about great lap time ....but it just felt wrong. I felt like I should have a full load of groceries n kids in the back. To each their own I guess. Maybe I'm not seeing the niche, drop the kids off then chuck it into M mode n rip it up? In that case the 4 door M3 would be my choice. Thoughts?
It's easy for you to say living in San Diego. I live in NY and commute to NJ every day. Do I prefer driving a car? Yes. I have one vehicle. The X6M gives me the best of both worlds. The handling, fun factor and lets not forget the grin, along with the AWD and ground clearance I need to drive in the nasty weather. I know I can get a beater for bad weather but I'm not interested in driving a beater. Honestly though, if I ever decide to get a second vehicle (car), I would still keep the X6M.
I can see how that makes sense out there in the same way a vert was a no brainer for me out here. Oddly enough I always liked the X6, even though I heard it had mixed reviews. I thought it literally looked like an oversized sports car n think it makes sense to have an M for that model. To my astonishment it only sits 4! Which I thought was kind of odd. At least the model I drove.