View Single Post
      12-15-2023, 02:32 PM   #61
ImActuallyAParrotNotHuman
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Z4 (M40i), prev M235 M2C M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanDiego View Post
Unfair? How so? We've known it was coming for well over a year.

Makes no sense? I suspect the M240i axle is a bit sturdier with a better differential, allowing it to better handle potentially greater forces from operating a manual transmission, but just a guess.

New color unfair? It's not unusual for BMW to introduce new colors with a LCI or new model nor to change other bits to increase interest.

Also, not a big surprise there's a small price bump for it and certainly no surprise to anyone that production numbers will be small.

The only surprise for me is all of the work they've put into suspension changes though, in retrospect, it makes sense. I won't be signing up for the manual, never planned to, but I'm happy that BMW will offer it. It fills a small but important niche.

Ok so they're slapping on components from the M240i.

Lets think about this. The M240i has "superior" components but only does 0.94g on the skidpad, while the z4 has inferior components and does 1.0g on the skidpad, and the G80/82 do 1.3 on the skidpad with full blown M components.

This means that with M components the z4 would probably hit 1.5 or 1.6 on the skidpad, and with the M240i components it will definitely reach 1.2-1.3g. That's an amazing number for BMW. It just shows how perfectly balanced and proportioned the Z4 is to hit 1.0g with relatively mild suspension components
Appreciate 0