View Single Post
      03-30-2020, 02:33 PM   #1
NorCalAthlete
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M4CX - Tanzanite / Tartufo

Poll : Work status and expectations

Reposting this from another forum, thought it'd be interesting and potentially eye opening for some.

What are your expectations you have for the next 6 months for your
job/work/retirement?

For me:

Large global company. CEO put out an all hands global broadcast telling everyone the C-suite / ELT isn't even remotely considering the exploration of layoffs for at least the next 2 months, family first, take care of yourselves, cut people some slack if kids interrupt meetings and they have to step away in the middle of something, etc. Said if anyone gives you any crap for having to be a parent or spouse report it up the chain higher.

We all already WFH half the time anyway so it wasn't a big deal when we all went on mandatory WFH full time. Company has large cash reserves and is no danger of going under anytime soon, plus provides essential infrastructure to everyone from large corporations to banks to governments.

I'm good but was already exploring other options before the shutdown just for shits and giggles. Have a few backup irons in the fire one way or another and savings to last me a year if need be.

edit - Mods, can you remove the redundant "poll" from my title please? Thanks.

Last edited by NorCalAthlete; 03-30-2020 at 02:40 PM..
Appreciate 2