06-07-2020, 05:56 PM   #34
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1pher View Post
I was always a manual guy too, but owning a BMW DCT and Porsche PDK along with DC traffic has shifted my thinking. If it works even as close to Porsche’s PDK, which most reviews seem to indicate, it will be best of both worlds. I drive in manual mode most of the time unless I’m in traffic.
I mean I don't mind an automatic. I've owned a bunch... just not in a sports car. I understand they are faster etc, but for me personally I just don't care. I just drive for the enjoyment, not trying to race anyone. Plus here in FL it's a whole lot of flat straight roads. I did one of those exotic car tours in CA last year. I can't say I missed the manual transmission while going through the crazy twisty roads out there in a mclaren or ferrai.

I would definitely consider a C8 in a few years once you can start buying them used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzyfry123 View Post
For a perma-workfromhome stance, I’d say combine the practicality and the fun of the C7 and Corolla. You rarely drive the fun car which says practically has more functionality for you. F80? Still get your four doors and your speed.

I’m home-based (Rona or not) with a company vehicle. Wife is permanently at home and I got her a newer Grand Cherokee for baby, grocery, trips, etc. On the hunt for a toy in the garage for myself.
I don't think it's so much a practicality thing. Honestly I'm probably just bored. This is the longest amount of time I have spent at home in like 2-3 years since we usually travel around in our RV for 2-5 month stretches throughout the year (that has kept me from swapping cars all the time). Plus the rona has just made it that much worse.

Apart from boredom I think the main things that have triggered me wanting to sell the vette is the constant fear something will go wrong with it. Not only something may go wrong but it may leave me stranded as it did once already. When I do drive it's typically to go see family which is about and hour each way. Also the market for the C7 seems to be pretty decent right now. I have gotten offers from dealers for significantly more than I owe and almost as much as I paid for it a couple years ago.

I'm like 90% going with a model 3. Lot's of things I don't like about the model 3, but I think it's very different from everything else I've owned. Mechanically should be pretty reliable, would be fully warrantied anyways, should be pretty fast depending on the version and based on my search for a used one it should hold it's value pretty well.

Main issue right now is finding a deal.
Appreciate 0