View Single Post
      06-18-2020, 08:36 PM   #37
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Just wanted to update this to say I ended up pulling the trigger on a Model 3. I still have a few days to decide (one of those 7 day trial things) but so far I'm pretty impressed with it.

Honestly my expectations were low, but the build quality and materials are actual quite good. Plenty of features and what not that I think should come in a vehicle at this price point, but still it does a lot of things very well.

It's a long range dual motor but it's plenty fast. I don't think it's as fast as the C7, but from a stand still I'm pretty sure it would beat it off the line. It's a very strange feeling when you floor it, almost like the blood is rushing to your head or something. It's strange because it's instant and doesn't stop for shifts etc.

So far took it on a 2 hour trip and for highway driving it's great. This is one of the furthest places I go and still got home with like 110 miles left. We'll see how the rest of the week goes, but I definitely think if it's not this specific model 3 I will end up in some model 3. At least until the C8s start hitting the used market.
Appreciate 0