View Single Post
      03-01-2021, 08:09 PM   #8213
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
So we have been a bit of an item since August. Started off pretty good (As it always does.) and was great for the first 90 days. There were a few cracks that began to appear just before Thanksgiving which we glossed over because, well...holidays. The chief problem was the incessant whinging about being the only person negative things happen to and the sanctimonious attitude, at times.

To give a quick example...she is a huge supporter of abused and battered women. and on an early trip we saw my client who was taken by her story and said he'd help to fund it and asked me to join and match him with a mid-4 figure sum. I gritted my teeth and said, "ok", but I can't stand people spending my money by capricious decisions but I let it go. Fast forward 6 or 7 weeks and the charity is set up, accounts seeded and all other I's dotted and T's crossed. I remind him about his obligation and he said, "what are the tax implications" to which I responded, "you didn't care about that crap when you were spending my money so cut the check asshole". He put it off for a while and I shared with my then gf the situation and she goes into a tirade worthy of a bi-polar episode. After she calms a bit I explained to her that he is just a tightwad but he will come through. Fast forward a few weeks and he gives me the check. She was here to celebrate VD (And we had a pretty happy one), and I gave her the check from my buddy. She didn't even say thanks and please tell Capricious Asshat thanks for supporting me, as well. I didn't say anything and just went back to my spreadsheet. Dinner is nice, the evening goes well but I'm still a bit out of joint about the check and her lack of graciousness. On the way out of the house for work that morning, I tell her..."I will tell Capricious Asshat you said,'Thanks', to which she responded, 'OK". That happened a the week after VD.

Fast forward to last week and she calls me very upset. Please keep in mind that while she is 40, she is a fitness model and back in school. There were some creeps attacking her pictures and pages to which I respond, "You spend quite a bit of time on social media, why don't you just dial it back a bit, block those who are bothering you and chill?" I may as well have suggested cutting off her head. The whining about the people attacking her page went on until Sunday night and then turned to "Why haven't you updated your status on FB?" Keep in mind I don't use FB that often. I may have 15 posts since 2008 or 2009. I think it's a cesspool. I explained that I live a quietly private life and don't believe in those types of displays as I think they're undignified. That went on for about an hour last night and she said that if I couldn't update my relationship status and post about here we were done.

And so we are.

P.S. The other thing I could no longer stomach is the outright sanctimonious attitude and wishing ill on people she disagreed with. Like hoping they die or they experience extreme misery. That is completely antithetical to my life philosophy. I'm surprised we lasted this long. Oh...I didn't break the rule of breaking up between Thanksgiving and New Years.
Sorry to hear that. Truly am. This post also helped me connect some dots and I now have a better understanding of what's gone on.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34184.50