View Single Post
      12-05-2020, 05:23 PM   #121
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
I do feel sorry for Albon...he has been given a car that doesn't suit him at all, is second in line for any performance upgrades, a B team of mechanics, a race strategy apparently devised by Homer Simson and lacklustre indifferent support from management.
Albon turned up for the preseason test 2018 at Bahrain to find there wasn't even a hotel room booked for him.

Red Bull are well know for having a strict #1 driver set up with the #2 driver getting the brown end of the stick.
The Red Bull young driver program is the least desired of upcoming talent due the way it craps on most of its drivers.
It might be best for him to leave as RBR has gone all in on Max and only Max it seems. I don't get that strategy, but sports/race teams seem to always make inexplicable decisions like this to people on the outside.

I don't know if the above is true (not all calling you a liar) and I've read similar stories from online F1 sites. I don't know what is going on, but they definitely seem to chew through drivers that seemingly have a lot of talent and potential. That doesn't seem beneficial for the long term prospects of RBR.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34190.50