View Single Post
      11-26-2020, 06:34 AM   #1
jamesinaz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 2017 540i

Garage List
Ever trade a car less than a year old?

Curious how big a beating one takes if they buy a car and decide that they want something else.

Last summer I bought a 2020 Porsche Cayenne. Let me say it does everything they claim. Drives great. Handles, accelerates, corners, everything is tight.

I have only two complaints. One is the electronics in the car are inferior to the ones I had in my 2017 540i. So I assume newer BMWs will be even better yet. Not that I'm certain I would get a BMW just saying a step down in that area wasn't what I expected. And I use them more often than I use the Porsche's amazing handling.

The other is the payment. Yeah I can afford it. Question is - why? I've had this since June and put 4500 miles on it. It isn't as if I need an expensive car and my needs would be filled with a Honda Passport. Not that I would get the Honda just saying. As to the payment it is large since I returned a leaser and put 0 down on it. Druther have a lower payment and perhaps leasing a BMW will cut the monthly in half although I recognize I build no equity.

I'm not ready to bail but curious if anyone in the business reading this can give an idea of how bad I get hit if I walk from the Cayenne this early. I see a few similar ones listed for sale at around $73k but not many available.

Oh and - HAPPY THANKSGIVING
Appreciate 0