Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2020 Z4 M40i  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueueCumber View Post
Yeah, I was contemplating a used 2017-2018 Boxster S vs the Z4 M40i. The biggest deciding factor for me (funny enough) was being able to parallel park in NYC. Porsche front end would get destroyed...

Engine sound out of the box and all the technology in the car was also helpful. Z4 M40i sounds marvelous even before any mods. It won't stop me from doing some bolt-ons down the road, but in the meantime it sounds sweet.

I'm also sort of sick of Porsche presently. I had a 2014 Turbo S which ended up with a ton of bolt-on mods/tunes, and still have the analog 997.2 GT3 RS (2011) that's fun as hell, but requires great roads to really shine (because you can feel every little bump in the road!). I just wanted something that was fun with the top down and enjoyable to drive no matter the condition of the roads (especially since NYC roads can get pretty crappy).
I have a "love/hate" relationship with Porsches......I love the cars, designs and driving dynamics......hate the "nickle and dime" pricing structure, attitude of some of the dealers and the arbitrary attempts to keep the Boxster from being all that it could be just to protect the 911. The new 6 cyl 718's will be close to perfection for me but the price will be literally double what I paid for my Z4.....just can't justify it to myself. Man, I bet that GT3 RS is a cool car to drive.

Cheers,
Dave
Appreciate 1
ebirotedu1442.00