06-26-2020, 07:37 AM   #11
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Hard to explain to an extent but I'll try my best haha. I never had the best results if I was strictly trying to cut for a long period of time, I'll get that out of the way first. After awhile progress would slow to a minimum.

Whenever I saw that the cut would slow I would switch gears. Start upping my calories slowly until I started to see minimal weight gain, I'd probably keep this going for roughly 3-4weeks. During that last week I would up calories further, again wouldn't say I was putting on much fat, but I would definitely be bloated each day from eating so much. Disclaimer: Essentially a clean bulk, eating a lot of food, but the food isn't necessarily "bad" for you. Not like I'm munching on cheeseburgers from Mcdonalds morning noon and night.

The reason I would up my calories further on that last week was to get my body use to taking in a large amount of calories. After that last week I would go into cut mode. Basically like Rmtt mentioned, drop calories by 500 (approximately, I don't count calories or macros). Then continue reducing slowly for the next 3 weeks.

Intensity during training throughout both clean bulk and cutting is high. Always pushing myself to do more. Even when cutting, I'd still strive to hit the same weights as I was bulking.

The way I eat, lift, etc isn't really calculated. I do what my body feels, and what I think will derive the best results. For instance a week ago I was cutting for 2 weeks. I went home for a wedding and ate a shit load of food all weekend, so instead of letting that weight gain go to waste this week I did a small bulk. Have eaten a good bit all week while maintaining high intensity, probably up 5lbs or so. Then going into next week I'll bring the calories back down, and I'm certain that 5lbs and more will be gone by next friday.

The more you do this the easier it becomes. My weight fluctuates like crazy, not abnormal to see plus or minus 10-15lbs in a month. Not sure how helpful this was though, confused myself a few times while typing lol
Not confusing at all...it's called knowing your body and you nailed it perfectly!