07-24-2020, 06:49 AM   #252
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcphoto View Post
I have trouble sleeping and am generally fit and a friend recommended the Whole 30 program. For 30 days, you eliminate alcohol, sugar, processed food and dairy. I ended up feeling a little better and I lost 12 pounds. I'm a runner and I didn't have the energy to run after ten days so be careful if you try it. Since then, I'm more careful with what I eat and my body fat is much lower than it had been. You would be surprised what happens when you watch what you eat and exercise regularly.
I've heard of the Whole 30 program, and know people that have tried it. With that said it doesn't really interest me. Sugar is only bad for you in excess, it's a great catalyst and supports muscle growth. Everything in moderation has always been my moto, with exceptions to the weekends where I often derail haha. Especially if you are a long distance runner, I can only see negatives in regards to eliminating sugar. I can definitely see how that diet helped you lean out, especially if exercising regularily. When you deprive your body it results in burning fat storage, as well as muscle. So I'm fairly certain some of that weight loss was also some muscle, not a bad thing, but just is what it is. This really happens regardless of the diet you choose because you're depriving your body. You can't cut and strive for muscle growth at the same time (without enhancement), it doesn't work that way.
Appreciate 0