Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills2 View Post
We will do nothing about this, nothing. What can we do even if it's proved to be the Russians?

The fact is we're spying on them they are spying on us, it's a dangerous game and one that you don't want to lose at, I would imagine.

But this seems to break with the tradition of spy swaps in that they are usually left alone as part of the deal, but what was he doing? We don't know.

We have at this time no idea who has done this (well we the public don't know) But whatever the outcome the UK can't really do anything to Russia.
I doubt the UK is powerless. And using a nerve agent is a destabilizing addition to the FSB toolbox. UK can cut off diplomatic relations, or even invoke a nato response. C'mon. Using a nerve agent to kill someone in another country is a new low for Putin. Remember, many didn't stand up to hitler when they had a chance. I'm not saying Putin IS Hitler, Putin plays a longer endgame. But this crap needs to be stopped, and Putin needs to know we aren't taking his crap anymore.