10-14-2019, 02:05 PM   #210
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Dateline Starbucks.

Barista at Starbucks who is about to hand me my drink is interrupted by another barista, then takes my drink, walks to another area to chat to another barista then brings my drink back to me.

I just looked at her/him quizzically and then asked, "Why didn't you pass my drink THEN go about seeing what you just went away to do as my drink was cooling?" Response: "Oh."

The Bright Shiny Object generation at its best.
Similar but not the same. I had to go have lab work done this morning. As the girlfriend and I are sitting in the waiting room, a young mom (roughly 21-25) is trying to coerce her son (around 8-10 years) to get his lab work done. The waiting room was dead silent until they called for them to go back. Instantly the little kid starts crying and throwing a tantrum. Refusing to put his cell phone down and crying every step of the way, because he was trying to play a game on his phone. At no point did the mother make him put the phone down. He never even took his eyes off the damn thing as he fake cried the entire walk down the hallway. I weep for our future. In less than 20 years, these little shits will be the one's running things. Scares the shit out of me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
I'm typing this from my office using my personal PC at home. I VPN into my home network and then use Remote Desktop to access my home PC. All IT sees here is an active VPN session running.

Of course your IT dawgs may be blocking outgoing VPNs, so you may be SOL there.

Raspberry Pi VPN - Cheap, easy, works seamlessly. http://www.pivpn.io/

(Note, the VPN setup listed above requires a VPN client on the local machine, so if you can't install software on your office PC, you're SOL again.)
I appreciate it, but yeah VPN is out. The admins have the network locked up tight. I had to pull some strings, with an inside connect, just to get Office 2016 and Display Fusion installed on my machine, and this took months to achieve.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34173.50