View Single Post
      04-27-2009, 01:05 PM   #44
94JZA80
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1994 BPU Supra

damn, all those pics, and only one diffuser shot of an MP4-24 McLaren-Mercedes. we need some pictures of Toyota's and Brawn's "super diffusers."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil335 View Post
glad to see new faces on the podium even though trulli was on the pole at indy 05. its nice to see toyota 1-2 after the gazillions of dollars they spent. vettel is still gonna eat them alive as well as my fave alonso.
thank god it didn't exactly happen that way. Vettel just barely ended up beating Trulli. what was crazy is that Trulli, on super softs, could not catch and pass Vettel on hard compound tires, even though he had several laps before the end of the race to do so. then again, the situation was exactly reversed earlier in the race - when Trulli was on hard compounds, with Vettel and Hamilton (both on super softs) right behind him, they couldn't catch and pass either...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc88 View Post
BMW Sauber should have just parked the cars and watched the GP. But I guess in order to pull out of the race you need a good reason. Maybe next time "Sucking at finishing" would be a valid reason.
well look at it this way - at least they didn't come in DEAD last. that title was earned by Kazuki Nakajima in one of the Williams Toyotas for retiring one or two laps before the checkered flag.

and on another positive note, at least one of the BMWs didn't smash into the back of another car and ruin another driver's weekend (unlike last weekend).

my biggest disappointment has to be the fact that my boys started P1 and P2, and finished 7th and 3rd respectively.