08-09-2010, 09:55 AM   #68
Buegie
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopealle View Post
damn you guys ride 45mph? thats good he found his ring. im not gonna have anybody to ride with. i told all my friends about me starting this riding for a new hobbie and they just laughed at me and called me gay. uugghh...of course i got the speedo jokes too. but no big deal. this seems like a fun hobbie and it will get me in better shape. i have gained 70 in the last 2 years due to a back injury so now its time to drop them off. how do i go about installing a bottle holder? i seen a bike with 2 of them. one on the frame and the other on the back of the seat.
it's not that fast, we weren't even pedaling, just coasting. I only mentioned the speed because it's a little nerve racking hitting a pothole at that speed, for me at least. Descending really steep roads is less about power and more about how big your balls are.

For the bottles, the bike should come with holes drilled on the down tube and the seat tube for cages. Just remove the bolts, put the cages on and tighten them back down. There should be two sets of holes so you can hold two bottles. They make cages that mount on the back of the seat but I would just ride with the two bottles on the frame for a while. In the beginning, you probably won't be riding long enough distances to need more than two bottles anyway.