Resident Black Guy
Zimbabwe
Rep
Drives: Lion

Garage List
2006 M5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feyd View Post
Very easy to get up to that on a downhill stretch. The pros can get to 65mph + on a long steep downhill.

The bike will have at least one (should be two) sets of bosses in the middle triangle of the frame where you can install cages. New bikes come with the hardware, you essentially just need the cages... very easy to do with an allen wrench.

F your friends.... you do what you gotta do to loose the weight, etc. In the long run, they'll be admiring you for it. Just use this as motivation to prove them wrong.

You might check around for a group ride to get on. Local bike shops will usually have them... might also check craigslist, etc. Being that you are pretty new, you'll want to go to one that is a "no drop" ride so that you don't get lost/left in the dust. Keep in mind though that these rides are typically 25miles + so you might want to do some training on your own first so you can get your stamina where it needs to be.

i looked closer at the bike nline and it did have 2 sets of bosses on it. should i also buy these at the bike shop? i seen them on amazon and they got horrible reviews. and you are right about the f my friends part. they not doing anything but wasting their money on other useless shit like 26' rims that they cant afford haha. man i wish they would smarten up sometimes.yea i was thinking the same thing about checking a local bike shop fow when the next ride is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buegie View Post
it's not that fast, we weren't even pedaling, just coasting. I only mentioned the speed because it's a little nerve racking hitting a pothole at that speed, for me at least. Descending really steep roads is less about power and more about how big your balls are.

For the bottles, the bike should come with holes drilled on the down tube and the seat tube for cages. Just remove the bolts, put the cages on and tighten them back down. There should be two sets of holes so you can hold two bottles. They make cages that mount on the back of the seat but I would just ride with the two bottles on the frame for a while. In the beginning, you probably won't be riding long enough distances to need more than two bottles anyway.
ok but where and what brand of cages did you guys get? like i said before im no brand whore. but some decent bottles and cages would be awesome.
Appreciate 0