FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miss Daisy

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
If this is true GM just botched their own launch of the new C8 BIG TIME.

The BIGGEST Corvette dealer in the country just reported that they’ve yet to fill 500 out of 1,172 allocated spots for their 2020 MY allocations. Now all the news channels are reporting 2020 Corvettes are “sold out.” Anyone on the fence and not already with a deposit down is now going to look elsewhere...right to a competitor’s door.

Someone with experience working for Chevy dealership mentioned that dealerships do not have to take allocated spots, as GM has a tendency to build more cars than a dealership can sell, and let dealerships figure out a way to move them. I suspect this executive that said all 2020 C8s are sold out probably mean each allocation has been confirmed by dealerships. Because a number of large national dealers are still taking deposits for 2020 Corvettes as of right now.

If MacMulkin still has nearly 800 allocations unspoken for, I wouldn’t be TOO worried that you can’t get a C8 Corvette reserved today. Of course, with the boomers not knowing how to actually look up what’s real and what’s fake news, I wouldn’t be surprised if rate of deposit slows down with national media picking up this “news.”
I'm sure people can still get a C8 & will be able to once they hit lots as well...just like all Corvettes before the C8. If not, GM messed up big time IMO
Appreciate 0