View Single Post
      11-02-2019, 10:38 AM   #27
Fenerbahce
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C

I'm bias but I would definitely give the Accord a test drive, and not just the 2.0t. I have the 1.5t in MT and the car is an absolute joy to drive. I feel like it is the best kept secret in the automotive world given its price point. It is very light (3150 lbs), sticks at 0.90g with all season tires, and is generally very balanced and toss-able (more so than the 2.0t). Steering feels great, and I haven't noticed the need for an LSD given the little motor. The manual is a delight, and clutch effort is very light and effortless for stop-and-go. 0-60 in 7.2 seconds isn't blazingly fast, but it's adequate for a daily driver and it's very fun to rev out. The car is so enjoyable to drive that I find myself not driving the M2C frequently enough.

When looking for a family-friendly daily driver, I was also cross shopping the GTI (owned one before), but enjoyed driving the Accord more. Weighing in the lower operating cost (maintenance, fuel), better expected reliability, and additional roominess, it was a no-brainer. I'm actually thinking of getting another one in the last model year of this generation Accord and driving it forever because it will probably be the last practical, manual transmission, fun-to-drive family sedan ever made. Eliminating the coupe, I think Honda really put more resources in developing this Accord and it shows. With the move away from sedans, I'm not sure that will be the case in the future. The manual is also probably on it's death bed.

Check out this review which very much aligns to my experience with the car:

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...manual-review/

Having said that, if you don't want a manual, go with the GTI. Happy motoring!