04-21-2016, 02:26 PM   #12
RSBro
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 550i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyland View Post

Speaking of which, is there an M6 LMGTE car in development? I know they're similar in performance to IMSA GTLM, but AFAIK, IMSA hasn't adopted the GTE standard like they have with GT3 and GTD.
I remember reading up on this a few months ago, and basically you're talking very minor differences in aero is the only difference in GTLM and true GTE. I even downloaded the PDF spec sheets for both classes and really couldn't figure out what they were talking about, so if someone wanted to run in the GTE class at Le Mans or in WEC, there wouldn't be many changes, which is why the GTLM cars from IMSA can run at Le Mans like the Ferraris and Corvettes.

Porsche is coming back to WEC with a factory backed effort with the new 991 RSRs (or whatever variant they run) so it would be nice if BMW would pony up for a pair of cars but I don't see that happening at all. McLaren too.