08-06-2021, 12:45 AM   #10213
///d
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 35d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan stewart View Post
I used to race in SCCA when I was younger but all am, just for bragging rights among friends really. Then at 30 I got back into bikes but now I just do it for fun, wasting a lot of money on tracks but only racing myself. I do watch a ton though, I can get a knee down and save a front-tuck from time to time but those little Spaniards are witches!

I'm all for a girl who rides her own. Being a willing passenger is a rule and the current is all for it but often I have to leave her behind when the gang and I want to go be proper hooligans in the mountains. If she had her own she could still come.
I've done a lot of trackdays, some with 4 wheels but most with 2. I've been at the track with Central Roadracing Association for about 10 years now helping various teams in the pits. In 2016 I built a race bike and was going to race, but the opening weekend was on a track configuration I wasn't familiar with and I wadded the bike up pretty good. Ran high on a fast WOT corner and went off at about 140, couldn't stop the bike before the wall so I bailed, bike hit the wall and went up in flames. Doc stuck me in the whambulance and I was in and out on the way to the hospital but came away with some sore joints and a concussion. I was going to build another bike and get back at it, but after pricing another one out I decided against it and went back to helping a couple teams in the pits. Still do trackdays but looking for another track dedicated bike.

Backpacks do suck at times when riding. You either get someone who is natural and you barely notice they are there, or you get someone who is like a sack of potatoes moving around with every bump and turn. Finding someone who rides, that isn't all about the attention, but can backpack properly also would be choice.
Appreciate 0