BMWCCA1
BMW Owner Since 1971
Rep
Drives: 1964 700 Sport Cabriolet

Garage List
2013 BMW 128i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenXer View Post
I've bought 3 new BMWs from him in 2019 and I don't even get a birthday card. I do appreciate that he's not pushy but I'm not getting the ass kissing I've come to expect from buying 3 new cars in one year.
Having sold BMWs since 1976—when 2002 was a model and not a year—I have to say I've never once sent a birthday card. I have a business relationship of trust with my clients and I'll do anything I can for them in that respect. I've always felt the sending of birthday cards was a shallow response and I just can those from my insurance agents every year. It's much more important for me to be there when my customers need me, whether that's when they're replacing a car, or need help navigating other aspects of interaction with our store. I can help them understand their cars, loan them cars when there are no more loaners, interface when they can't get a contact for a service appointment, come to their house if they can't pair their garage doors, jump-start a car when they've left it in the garage too long, rescue them when stranded when BMW Roadside hasn't in several hours. You know, meaningful support that actually requires my expertise and contacts. If this turns into a personal relationship where we become friends, then maybe I'll remember their birthday and send them a text. I've had some families as BMW customers for three generations. That wasn't from mailing a card.

Does anyone actually think receiving a card from a sales advisor shows any real interest beyond the self-serving keeping-in-touch for future sales? Let me know and maybe I'll break out the card and envelope stash. I'd rather be available when they need me.
Appreciate 1
shadowfax1289.00