View Single Post
      03-03-2024, 06:30 AM   #16
baege
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 Cayman GTS 4.0 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM7 View Post
My Camaro is the opposite of that, around town, 20% of pedal is more like 70% of the actual, responding much faster. I don't like that, because up top at high RPMs it makes it feel like there is "nothing left". They do this to boost the drivability at low RPMs...but it really doesn't need it. Track mode is a linear throttle though, much easier to work the power in corners too, so you don't break loose.

Each driving mode has a different throttle response though and I'd imagine the Caddy is the same, there's usually normal/tour, snow/ice, sport and track. So asking how a car is going to respond at 50% throttle is really going to depend on the mode. Unlike my BMW, when I put my car in sport, it would remember it and I wouldn't have to do it on every start-up.

Did you try track mode in the C7?

interesting maybe they changed the programming for the next gen camaro, my C7 was a 2015 and yeah I tried all sorts of modes.

I know exactly what you mean, sport mode in my e86 was that kind of artificial, a little throttle got you much more than a proportionate response and when you pushed it further it didn't offer much more response

sport in my 2014 Cayman S and even my 22 GTS is the same, artificial non-linear and I don't like it

but in normal or sport plus, the throttle is razor sharp and offers immediate response, and is also linear the more you push it the more you get

that's how I like my throttle, gives a real sense of immediacy and control
Appreciate 0