View Single Post
      08-15-2018, 11:12 AM   #37
Blurbo311
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 LBB 6-Speed

My advice is to track calories (and protein, carbs, and fat) and to try and stay at a daily caloric deficit of 200-500 or a weekly deficit of about 3000.

Start here: https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/macronutcal.htm

There are lots of apps to track calories with My Fitness Pal being the most popular.

You'll probably want to be at ~2,000 calories a day and try to keep the protein up around 160-200g a day to ensure you aren't losing muscle (and hopefully you will add some). I would lift 3 times a week and do cardio 3 times a week with one active rest day (walking but nothing too strenuous to let your body rest). In my experience, lifting is a better/easier way to lose weight than running. Plus, as you add a little muscle, your metabolism will increase.

If after a week (or whenever) you start to feel less energy, you can always have a day where you eat more to refuel and let your body know you're not starving. One day of excess clean calories wont hurt if you have been good, just listen to your body and stay healthy.

This should work and you'll likely lose 2 lbs a week to start and it'll taper down to 1lb a week as your body fat drops.

Good luck and enjoy the journey!
Appreciate 0