09-25-2020, 11:26 PM   #69
ZaGooser
Embodiment of Immaturity
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Porsche Macan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVA99 View Post
And not to mention the US became the largest EXPORTER of oil and gas beginning in 2018. Fracking technologies and our engineering prowess have eliminated our great nation's independence on foreign oil or gas forever should our govt officials step up. OPEC is not needed and we can control our market. V12's and Diesels for everyone here. Battery materials for these Electric Salvations are mined by huge diesel machines, the raw materials are finite and rare themself, and manufactured in massive factories burning fossil fuels to make them. The hypocrisy is unbridled. Electric cars are not and will not save the world. The costs to ruin precious Mother Earth mining the material and building the cars far overshadows any positive spin the Libs can put on it. 700HP and 12MPG all day for me. Merica.

I think everyone mistook what I said. I don't think electric cars are the future, as they're arguably worse for the environment. I hate self-righteous Tesla and Prius drivers who scream at anyone with a pickup truck. I want a long-nosed 9-MPG 900 Horsepower V12 coupe revving over 10k. I was saying a certain political party really wants to restrict which vehicles (and some other things we Americans love) we own, and if gas prices do shoot up for a multitude of reasons, people just won't want to drive big gas-guzzling cars. Someone did bring up the point about working from home, and it is a fair argument. However, I don't think Karen would want to drive her 5 kids to rec soccer practice in her BMW X69420M with 10mpg and an 800hp V12 if gas prices shoot up to $6/gal and anything with consumption below 25MPG gets taxed to hell.

For the material use argument, I was just saying it's better if brands focused less on building massive vehicles, as production costs for a large vehicle are higher. I'm not too sure on how much, nor am I sure it's even a justifiable argument, but it's just something worth consideration.

Anyways, I'd do anything for BMW to build a curvy 2 seater grand tourer with a big V12 sitting under an elongated hood. Too bad the market for such a vehicle just doesn't exist anymore.

Hail purp
Appreciate 2
LSM1118.00
NOVA99162.50