View Single Post
      09-25-2020, 11:30 PM   #70
brad850csi
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 16 F13 M6 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaGooser View Post
I think everyone mistook what I said. I don't think electric cars are the future, as they're arguably worse for the environment. I hate self-righteous Tesla and Prius drivers who scream at anyone with a pickup truck. I want a long-nosed 9-MPG 900 Horsepower V12 coupe revving over 10k. I was saying a certain political party really wants to restrict which vehicles (and some other things we Americans love) we own, and if gas prices do shoot up for a multitude of reasons, people just won't want to drive big gas-guzzling cars. Someone did bring up the point about working from home, and it is a fair argument. However, I don't think Karen would want to drive her 5 kids to rec soccer practice in her BMW X69420M with 10mpg and an 800hp V12 if gas prices shoot up to $6/gal and anything with consumption below 25MPG gets taxed to hell.

For the material use argument, I was just saying it's better if brands focused less on building massive vehicles, as production costs for a large vehicle are higher. I'm not too sure on how much, nor am I sure it's even a justifiable argument, but it's just something worth consideration.

Anyways, I'd do anything for BMW to build a curvy 2 seater grand tourer with a big V12 sitting under an elongated hood. Too bad the market for such a vehicle just doesn't exist anymore.
Petrol is US$6 per gallon here and I'd be the first in line for the 8 series with an N74 V12 and a 6MT. It'd fit in sweet next to the E31 and F13