08-21-2020, 08:28 AM   #14
Peterglen
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2c 2019 M3cs

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuriydee View Post
Happened to me few times as well. Best bet is to go to court and have the DA lower the ticket. If youre lucky theyll drop the reckless driving (5 points) to careless driving (2 points). They might also drop speeding to less points. All of these will come with surcharges of course so you will be paying a lot. Id probably go first to meet with DA when they call your name and see what they offer, if they dont want to drop points then get a lawyer (or get one right away if you can afford it).

A few years back I had to pay a little over $600 in surcharges with almost same tickets as you. This is how these towns make money. Welcome to NJ basically....
On the reckless ticket, careless driving is checked now that i look at it again.

Yeah I’m definitely just gonna lawyer up.

I mean I was behind the guy the whole time and only in his field of view for maybe 30 seconds and the cam footage would show I’m just another car in traffic.

I mean technically speaking everything he says he witnessed wasn’t with his eyes at all. It was his eyes using a mirror that literally has a warning written on it that objects may be distorted.
Appreciate 0