10-06-2020, 03:36 PM   #11
New2Roundel
Captain
Rep
Drives: Some fun stuff

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
Pluses are the engine and price, minuses are everything else (exterior, interior, chassis, weight, handling, braking, mpg)?
I take it you just typed a knee-jerk response? The Durango is generally the cheaper 3-row version of the Wk2 grand cherokee. What does that mean? The platform is a stretched version of the WK2, which itself is shared with the previous generation Mercedes ML/GLE. Not bad. I don't know what the Hellcat will come with for interior, but for the SRT, you did need to spend extra for the nicer interior. I don't think any durango is designed to do track days, but here's an article on the brakes on the trackhawk: https://www.automoblog.net/2017/04/20/81327/ Weight and MPG are definitely not fantastic, but for what it is, it's not bad.

If you want a sports car on stilts, no American SUV will fit the bill. If you realize the sports cars are best suited to cars, but still want some good old American fun, the SRT and Hellcat are good options. I have a GC SRT and an E92 M3. I love them both, even though they're very different vehicle.
Appreciate 0