10-07-2020, 07:07 AM   #12
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Roundel View Post
I take it you just typed a knee-jerk response? The Durango is generally the cheaper 3-row version of the Wk2 grand cherokee. What does that mean? The platform is a stretched version of the WK2, which itself is shared with the previous generation Mercedes ML/GLE. Not bad. I don't know what the Hellcat will come with for interior, but for the SRT, you did need to spend extra for the nicer interior. I don't think any durango is designed to do track days, but here's an article on the brakes on the trackhawk: https://www.automoblog.net/2017/04/20/81327/ Weight and MPG are definitely not fantastic, but for what it is, it's not bad.

If you want a sports car on stilts, no American SUV will fit the bill. If you realize the sports cars are best suited to cars, but still want some good old American fun, the SRT and Hellcat are good options. I have a GC SRT and an E92 M3. I love them both, even though they're very different vehicle.
No, I've read the reviews on every Hellcat vehicle Chrysler makes, like them but realize them for what they are, this isn't "knee jerk" and your reply doesn't disagree with much of what I said. Great values with great engines but with them comes negatives which I pointed out above. Never seen a Chrysler interior that competes with other products in the $90k+ range, I've seen the exterior (Durango came out in 2014?), you said the handling is "not bad" and say this is the case with all American SUV (agree but doesn't change anything).

I also wouldn't buy the other Hellcat products for the exact same reason as above, they are great at certain things but behind in others. An M3 and Charger Hellcat are also similar prices and for the buyer looking for the best engine I would say the Hellcat wins.