09-08-2014, 09:49 PM   #88
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
I agree with you in principle. Here are some of Stallworth's previous writings (they are tweets, as he has not written anything else, nor does he have a journalism degree) - you be the judge if he makes a cogent case, and if these serve as reasonable quals for Huffington Post to hire him:

in 2009: "NO WAY 9/11 was carried out by "dying" Bin Laden, 19 men who couldn't fly a damn kite. STILL have NO EVIDENCE Osama was connected, like Iraq"

in 2009: "Gggrrrrrrrrrrrrr @ ppl who actually believe a plane hit the pentagon on 9/11... hole woulda been ASTRONOMICALLY bigger, God bless lost lives"

in 2013: "Oops, I sent that tweet a little too early like the young lady from BBCNews on the collapse of building 7 on 9/11..."

in 2009: "WOW!!! Vaccines as Biological Weapons? Live Avian Flu Virus Placed in Baxter Vaccine Materials Sent to 18 Countries --> http://bit.ly/1Ijydw"

You may come to the conclusion, as I did, that this guy has no background in anything that he's been hired to do - none whatsoever - which calls into question who the HuffPo hires and why.
First, I see every one of those quotes as merely statements and I know not one of them can be soundly supported in the space Twitter allows for tweets. I've heard other folks make similar assertions and though I lack the specific knowledge to refute their claims, I haven't found the fact pattern they provided to be strong enough to cause me to doubt the government's attestations about those events.

Based only on the statements you cited having been made via Twitter, and given their inflammatory nature, I have to believe the man made them more for effect, to stir up conversation and attention among a specific target audience, than because he's prepared to defend them in a manner that would withstand critical analysis. I could be wrong, but for now, that's what I think seeing as they are just statements of a position rather than arguments supporting a position.

All the best.

PS
TY for your concord with me on the principles I discussed earlier. Doing so confirms for me that you are at least a reasonable fellow insofar as this topic is concerned.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed