View Single Post
      10-15-2019, 02:23 PM   #1036
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by See5 View Post
The C7 was and is a monster on entry and mid corner handling. Its weakness was putting the power down, which seems to have been solved.
At the expense of entry and mid corner handling.

Here's my honest opinion. I think it's an incredible task to forgo 50+ years of heritage and development, and that for such a huge, drastic departure, GM was able to build something wonderful.

If I were to be facetious, I'd say, for their first attempt at a mid engine Corvette, it's pretty good. In all honesty, it IS a pretty incredible car. Especially considering the fact that they had taken such a drastic departure from what they do. And if I were a second guessing man, which I am, I'd REALLY be second guessing if the move to mid engine is really going to be the game changer Tadge promised us.

But given the first generation of mid engine Corvette is THIS good, I'm excited for the C9 and C10 as the incremental improvement on this entirely new architecture is going to make the car PHENOMENAL. But I've also always contended, that the C8's biggest competitor is the C7, as the C7 was already an insane value compared to its other mid engine competitors. That no matter how much better the chassis is, it will forever be compared to the C7 in a way that isn't fair. The C7 is so insanely good that people WILL expect the C8 to be just otherworldly BETTER, and I don't think it is nor it can.

And I think Jim Mero hinted at that too.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0