Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
2011 E93 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTG View Post
Overall reality is, once BMW, Porsche & Audi catch up on the technology and create a real "drivers" cars, most of us will go that way
"Once barnes & noble catches up to amazon ..."
"Once blockbuster catches up to netflix ..."

That's the problem with being disrupted by technology: you can't get back the market-share you lost when you were behind...

Tesla won't bankrupt BMW or VAG, but they also won't get back the market share they're losing to Tesla. Walmart & Target aren't in bankruptcy, but they'll never get back what they lost to Amazon.

Tesla has already shown us they can compete or beat the best Porsche can put out - on a whim! Queue up all the "but, but, but Tesla sucks you guys because ..." that we've been hearing for 9 years.

Reminder: 9 years ago Tesla had 0 production cars, now they're discussed as the company to catch up to! Now they're running a fairly good, albeit imperfect, but good car business:

"but, but, but their cash flow you guys! TSLA can't make profits!"

Here's what disrupting a century-old capital-intensive industry looks like: At scale it starts tipping into profitability -

Net-net:
There will be no "catching up" to Tesla, only the tally of market-share that BMW and VAG gave up just like Wal-mart and Target have to Amazon - you probably use all 3 now.

So, WE may not buy a Tesla, but we're already old - kids coming up will see Tesla as the equal or premium brand, just like we see the Germans compared to US/Japanese car brands.

NOTE: I don't have a Tesla, likely won't buy one anytime soon, and don't own, nor ever have owned, TSLA. Just stating the product reality based on the data.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
I thought the next M4 was going to be a flying car powered by bloomin' onions and a teaspoon of mayonnaise. At least that's what I read on the internet @ BimmerPoop.org.

Last edited by GrussGott; 12-20-2019 at 11:19 AM..
tigermack196.50